This very berry smoothie is your standard yummy smoothie that you can customize based on your fruit preferences. Perfect smoothie for either breakfast or as a midday snack. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe guys, so blend away and you will fall in love.
you’d never believe there’s Kale in here, amiright!?
- 1 banana (any size, for best results use medium-large)
- 1 6 oz container any flavor Chobani Greek yogurt (I use 0% plain, or ½ cup yogurt of choice)
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries (I use Trader Joe’s frozen berry medley)
- handful of chopped Kale, stems removed.
- ¼-1/2 cup water/juice of choice
- a few ice cubes
1) layer above ingredients (except ice) in order
2) blend on high/smoothie setting until almost smooth
3) add ice cubes if you want a colder smoothie
4) blend again until completely smooth (30-60 secs more, depending on your blender)
A note on liquid: Start w/ ¼ cup of water/juice and add 1 tbsp. at a time (up to another ¼ cup) until smoothie starts to blend. This will depend on the quality of your blender. My blender is brutally weak, so I usually have to use closer to ½ cup of liquid to get that smoothie smoothing!
For the diet conscious: use water instead of juice (decrease sugar and calories) but prepare your taste buds in advanced for a less sweet smoothie (the things we do for bikini season!)
Protein boost: If making this as a post workout smoothie you can amp up the protein by adding either 1 tbsp. of chia seeds, 1 scoop of protein powder or any other protein booster of choice.